Monday, November 1, 2010

I feel alive

I feel alive today, alive and happy. I'm not sure if it was the beach on the weekend, the lunch with my family, the 3 church services I went to, the writing, the afternoon nap or the salsa dancing we did (I have a feeling it was the salsa but that is a whole other post), regardless of the reason I feel alive today and it's awesome. In hindsight I guess I was kind to myself on the weekend. There was no pressure to do, no mass planning, no running from here to there. The weekend was full but it was full in that spontaneous "let's go to the beach tomorrow", "wanna see a movie later", "how about we meet for lunch", "I feel like a nap", kind of way. It was liberating. I said yes and no based not on pre-arranged plans but based on what I felt like doing. That sounds really selfish but the result of it was the exact opposite.

I found that the moments I spent with people were quality moments. I didn't feel like I was in one place while my brain was in another, I felt present, alert and a little more responsive. I guess by listening to my body and my spirit I restored myself and even though I did the same amount of stuff that I would normally do, there wasn't that silent exhaustion that I feel when I do, do, do bubbling under the surface. Most importantly I woke up this morning full of life and that feeling has stayed with me all day. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment