Thursday, October 7, 2010

An incomplete puzzle

I feel like me life is currently a jigsaw puzzle and I am desperately trying to put it together so that I can see the picture. The problem is that I don't have all of the pieces to put the puzzle together and the pieces I do have, well I'm not sure that they go where I have placed them.. actually I'm not even sure that they go together at all! Yet I still try to put the puzzle together.

I try to force the pieces together, even the ones that don't quite fit, I turn them this way and that forcing a connection that doesn't exist, like a a five year old I squint down at the pieces, poking my tongue out in concentration. If I just turn this piece to the left or move this piece to the right.. surely they will join together and make something. I'm just not quite sure what!

Do you know that I don't even have the box to look at so I have no idea what the picture supposed to be. Yet I carry on.. I look harder using my mind to fill in the gaps, I dream up what the empty spaces between pieces look like. I step back and look at the picture. I chew on the inside of my cheek and scratch my head, it just doesn't look right.

Frustrated I search for more pieces or sometimes I am lucky and I stumble upon them but the interesting thing is that the more pieces I find, the more I realise that I have it all wrong. I realise that the picture I saw isn't the picture and the pieces that I forced together, well those pieces actually joined with different pieces and made up a completely different part of the bigger picture than what I had originally thought.

I think I have it all wrong, you see my problem is that I think I am the one who puts the pieces of my life together, that I am the one who places the pieces of the puzzle inside the frame creating the picture but I am not the creator of the puzzle that is my life so I don't get to put the pieces together at all. In fact I think I am more like the frame and backing, I am the thing upon which the pieces of my life are put.. the picture of my life has already been created and God is the one who is putting my jigsaw together.

My prayer is that I look at my incomplete puzzle and see it for what it is.. not a puzzle for me to put together but pieces of life for me to experience and enjoy. It doesn't matter if I can't see the picture because God will take all of the pieces and put them together, he will make the linkages, my prayer is that I will let him xo

No comments:

Post a Comment